Tuesday, April 1, 2014

#5 Kona Shamrock and Roll

This was my first 10K ever and the longest I've ran in a row since college. I ran for about 42 minutes straight before needing a quick minute break and then only took 2 more 30 second breaks until we finished. One of my best friends Bev and her husband Jon came to this one. Jon was a trooper and stood outside FREEZING to make sure that he got some photo's of us at the finish line.


I'm so happy that I got to spend 75 minutes with Bev, catching up and chatting about the most random things ever. Bev and I went to Hillsdale together and became really good friends. Bev is from Georgia but moved to Michigan for her residency where she actually lived with me for a while in Plymouth. We don't get to see each other as much as we would like so it was SO AMAZING that she ran this race with me. I had a blast before/during/after! :) I love you Bevvvvv love asshhhhllley 

(These photo's are copyrighted and are not mine)


 At the Starting line where we thought we were going to be in the first wave. Turns out we got stuck for another 15 minutes waiting for the race to start while we froze!!!!

 Finisher Medals :) Felt great sprinting to the finish line!!



Obviously needed to have some beer after this one! Marna was able to come meet up and have lunch and lot's of beer to celebrate :)



No comments:

Post a Comment