Monday, May 19, 2014

#9 Wyandotte River Run

I only have a few photo's from this race....and I'm too lazy to post them. But it is complete!!

I PR'd by almost 3 minutes from my first race back in January. I had a really good time at this one, considering I ate a cheesburger, a fish sandwich, and a glazed donut ( totally needed) like 2 hours before this one. I didn't know if I was going to throw up or be fine, but it turned out ok.

My new goal during these races are to chase people in front of me, yet stay on my own pace. On Friday there was a girl that kept sprinting and then walking and then sprinting and walking.....you get the point, however I kept the same pace the whole time and we kept passing each other. So.....I made it my mission to not let her beat me.

I think she had the same thought though, and started running at the end pretty quick, so I turned up the heat about .25 miles left and beat her just by a little bit, but in my head, I had just won the gold medal at the Olympics :)

2 races coming up this weekend, Friday on Belle Isle, and Monday ( Memorial Day) on Grosse Ile.

Gotta love those island races :)


1 comment:

  1. How'd those island races go?? You're killing us blog readers this month! ;) Looking forward to seeing your post after this weekend! Get ready for a stellar National Lampoon's Mitten Vacation!

    ReplyDelete